Accurate, efficient accounting is the lifeblood of every small business. If your accounting is out of order, the rest of your business will be too. In this guide, we’ll teach you the fundamentals of:
- Opening a small business bank account and credit card
- Maintaining separate finances
- Keeping tax records
- Expense tracking
- Choosing accounting software
- Bookkeeping and choosing a bookkeeper
- Managing cash flow
- Payroll and payroll tax
- Sales tax
- The role of financial statements
What this guide won’t teach you
To distill the entire IRS website would be overwhelming. So this guide won’t get until the minutiae of filing your tax returns (you can learn more about that here). However, if you follow this guide, your business will be well-prepared for tax time.
Download the guide, and set your finances up for success.